Pasta. Simple. Delicious. Easy.
And one of my go to dishes. If I’m ever stuck on what to cook for dinner I know I can always count on pasta to pull me out of a pinch.
Another great thing about pasta is that you can pretty much put anything in it and get a great meal. Today I am going to give you just one of my many pasta recipes. I don’t know exactly what to call this recipe, but it slightly resembles a pasta carbonara.
4 Potatoes, peeled, medium diced
4 Tbsp. Canola Oil
½ tsp. Kosher Salt
½ tsp. Pepper
½ Medium Onion, diced
1 Garlic Clove, minced
4 oz. Can Mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 14.5 oz. Can Diced Tomatoes, drained
4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
¼ C. Greek Yogurt
3-4 Ladle’s of pasta Water
1 ½ lb. Angel Hair Pasta
1) In a large pot bring water for pasta to a boil. Add the pasta
2) In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.
3) When the oil shimmers, add the potatoes and sauté, add the salt and pepper, cook until they are just slightly tender.
4) Add the onion and garlic, sauté until the onions turn translucent.
5) Add the mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender.
6) Add the drained tomatoes and heat through.
7) Mix in the 4 oz. of cream cheese using 1 ladle of pasta water to thin out the cream cheese.
8) Once the cream cheese is completely mixed in, add the Greek yogurt. Heat through. If the sauce is really thick add another ladle of pasta water.
9) When the pasta is done, take the pasta out with tongs and add it to the skillet.
10) Mix ingredients together thoroughly ensuring that everything is coated in the sauce.
11) If the sauce is too thick add another ladle or more to the sauce. Taste. Add more salt or pepper if needed.
Serve with or without Parmesan cheese. I left it out in order to keep it healthier, but you can never go wrong with cheese! I did however add bacon bits!