I’m sure you know the rest.
I have learned many things after being married for fifteen years, but there is one thing that I believe is a constant with most men.
Men. Love. Beans.
Any kind of beans. It doesn’t matter how you cook ‘em, men will eat them. So, today I am going to give you a new bean recipe to add to your repertoire.
4 Bacon Strips, cut
½ Onion, diced
2 Tbsp. Butter
4 Cans Pinto Beans, rinsed
½ C. Ketchup
1 C. Chicken Broth
½ C. + 1 ½ Tbsp. Brown Sugar
¼ tsp. Kosher Salt
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
½ tsp. Mustard
1 tsp. Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. In medium oven safe saucepan, over medium heat, cook bacon until almost crispy. Remove from grease.
- Sauté onion in remaining bacon grease, until onions are translucent.
- Add butter and beans. Cook until the beans are hot. Add the ketchup and cook for about a minute to cook some of the ketchup flavor out.
- Add the chicken broth, brown sugar, salt, Worcestershire, mustard, and syrup. Stir until everything is well combined. Add bacon back in and place in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve!
And bam! Another delicious bean recipe! Eat them as a family and make beautiful bean music together… or you know, not. The choice is yours.